Mayo Clinic radiation oncologists are respected for their skill and experience in using brachytherapy to treat many types of cancer. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors perform more than 250 brachytherapy procedures.
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
July 18, 2017
- Brachytherapy. RadiologyInfo.org. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=brachy. Accessed April 2, 2017.
- Radiation therapy and you: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/radiation-therapy-and-you. Accessed April 2, 2017.
- Brachytherapy. RT Answers. http://www.rtanswers.org/Brachytherapy/. Accessed April 2, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 9, 2017.
- Gunderson LL, et al., eds. Brachytherapy. In: Clinical Radiation Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 4, 2017.