An anal fissure is a tear in the lining of the anal canal that may cause pain and bleeding. It's often due to constipation.
Dyshidrosis is a condition in which small, fluid-filled blisters occur on the palms of your hands or the soles of your feet, causing intense itching.
A migraine isn't an ordinary headache. In addition to severe head pain, it can cause nausea, vomiting, and extreme sensitivity to light and sound.
Migraine with aura is a usually severe headache that's accompanied by visual disturbances, such as flashes of light, zigzagging patterns or blind spots.
Rebound headaches — Is your pain medication causing more headaches than it cures?
Time has etched lines on your face. Do you accept them as inevitable or seek out treatment for smoother, younger looking skin?
Feb. 06, 2013
- Carruthers J, et al. Overview of botulinum toxin for cosmetic injections. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Dec. 14, 2012.
- Botox medication guide. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/DrugSafety/UCM176360.pdf. Accessed Dec. 14, 2012.
- AskMayoExpert. Botulinum toxin. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- OnabotulinumtoxinA (botulinum toxin type A, Botox): Drug information. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Dec. 14, 2012.
- FDA approves Botox to treat overactive bladder. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm336101.htm. Jan. 18, 2013.
- OnabotulinumtoxinA (marketed as Botox/Botox Cosmetic), AbobotulinumtoxinA (marketed as Dysport) and RimabotulinumtoxinB (marketed as Myobloc) information. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. FDA boxed warning alert: August 2009. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/ucm174949.htm. Accessed Dec. 17, 2012.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Botulinum toxin treatment. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Managing pain for your child's Botox injection. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Gibson LE (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 10, 2013.