Below are current clinical trials.2 studies in Bone density test
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The proposed study will directly examine whether bone mineral density (BMD) and bone microstructure are better preserved among HF patients on chronic β-blockers and account for the reports of decreased fracture.
The purpose of this study is to test the hypothesis that patients with T2DM will have greater deterioration in BMSi and in cortical porosity over 3 yrs as compared to sex- and age-matched non-diabetic controls; and identify the circulating hormonal (e.g., estradiol [E2], testosterone [T]) and biochemical (e.g., bone turnover markers, AGEs) determinants of changes in these key parameters of bone quality, and evaluate the possible relationship between existing diabetic complications and skeletal deterioration over time in the T2DM patients.
Sept. 07, 2017
- Osteoporosis overview. NIH Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases National Resource Center. https://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bone/Osteoporosis/overview.asp. Accessed July 19, 2017.
- Lewiecki EM. Overview of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed July 19, 2017.
- Skeletal scintigraphy (bone scan). RadiologyInfo.org. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=bone-scan. Accessed July 20, 2017.
- Bone densitometry. RadiologyInfo.org. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=dexa. Accessed July 19, 2017.
- Bone mass measurement: What the numbers mean. NIH Osteoporosis and Related Bone Diseases National Resource Center. https://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Bone/Bone_Health/bone_mass_measure.asp. Accessed July 19, 2017.