Many people express satisfaction with the results of blepharoplasty, such as a more rested and youthful appearance and more self-confidence. For some people, results of surgery may last a lifetime. For others, droopy eyelids may recur.
Scars from the surgical cuts may take six months or longer to fade. Take care to protect your delicate eyelid skin from too much sun exposure.
Aug. 07, 2014
- Eyelid surgery. American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. http://www.aafprs.org/patient/procedures/blepharoplasty.html. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Eyelid surgery. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/eyelid-surgery.html. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Eyelid surgery. American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. http://www.surgery.org/consumers/procedures/head/eyelid-surgery. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- McCord CD, et al. Management of postblepharoplasty chemosis. Aesthetic Surgery Journal. 2013;33:654.
- Cahill KV, et al. Functional indications for upper eyelid ptosis and blepharoplasty surgery. Ophthalmology. 2011;118:2510.
- Whipple KM, et al. Blepharoplasty complications. Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 2013;40:213.
- Neligan PC. Plastic Surgery. Vol. 2. 3rd ed. London, England: Elsevier Saunders; 2013:11. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- Yanoff M, ed., et al. Ophthalmology. 3rd ed. Edinburgh, U.K.: Mosby Elsevier; 2009. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 7, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. Eyelid surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.