Gestational diabetes is a type of diabetes that occurs only during pregnancy. Controlling your blood sugar level can keep you and your baby healthy.
Heart conditions require special care during pregnancy. Understand how to manage your condition and promote a healthy pregnancy.
High blood pressure during pregnancy can pose health risks for you and your baby. Understand how to manage this condition and prevent complications.
If you have a high-risk pregnancy, you might have questions. Will you need special prenatal care? Will your baby be OK? Get the facts about high-risk pregnancies.
Polyhydramnios — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes and treatment of excessive amniotic fluid in pregnancy.
Preeclampsia is a pregnancy complication defined by high blood pressure and excess protein in your urine. The only cure is delivery of your baby.
Feb. 22, 2012
- Manning FA. The fetal biophysical profile. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Nov. 15, 2011.
- Signore C, et al. Overview of fetal assessment. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Nov. 15, 2011.
- Special tests for monitoring fetal health. American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/publications/patient_education/bp098.cfm. Accessed Nov. 15, 2011.
- Gabbe SG, et al. Obstetrics: Normal and problem pregnancies. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2007. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/page.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-443-06930-7..50013-X--cesec4&isbn=978-0-443-06930-7&sid=1233508826&uniqId=301923354-3#4-u1.0-B978-0-443-06930-7..50013-X--cesec12. Accessed Nov. 15, 2011.
- Cunningham FG, et al. Williams Obstetrics. 23rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=6023002&searchStr=fetal+biophysical+profile. Accessed Nov. 15, 2011.
- DeCherney AH, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology. 10th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2007. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=2384590. Accessed Nov. 15, 2011.
- Devoe LD. Antenatal fetal assessment: Contraction stress test, nonstress test, vibroacoustic stimulation, amniotic fluid volume, biophysical profile and modified biophysical profile - An overview. Seminars in Perinatology. 2008;32:247.
- Lalor JG, et al. Biophysical profile for fetal assessment in high risk pregnancies (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD000038.pub2/abstract. Accessed Nov. 16, 2011.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins - Obstetrics. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 55: Clinical management guidelines for obstetricians-gynecologists. Management of postterm pregnancy. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2004;104:639.
- Oyelese Y, et al. The uses and limitations of the fetal biophysical profile. Clinics in Perinatology. 2011;38:47.
- Young BK. Antepartum fetal heart rate assessment. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Nov. 17, 2011.
- Taking a close look at ultrasound. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/downloads/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/UCM095487.pdf. Accessed Nov. 18, 2011.