Prostatitis, inflammation of the prostate gland, can cause significant male pelvic pain and other symptoms.
Chronic pelvic pain is pain in your pelvic region — the area below your bellybutton and between your hips — that lasts six months or longer.
Sleepless nights? Insomnia includes difficulty going to sleep, staying asleep or going back to sleep after you awaken. Insomnia may be temporary or chronic.
Children of all ages experience headaches, but the causes aren't all the same. Here's how to help your child.
Jan. 14, 2016
- Waldman SD. Biofeedback. In: Pain Management. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- Frank DL, et al. Biofeedback in medicine: Who, when, why and how? Mental Health in Family Medicine. 2010;7:85.
- Biofeedback. Biofeedback Certification International Alliance. http://www.bcia.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3524. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- Glick RM, et al. Biofeedback and primary care. Primary Care Clinics in Office Practice. 2010;37:91.
- Rao SSC, et al. ANMS-ESNM position paper and consensus guidelines on biofeedback therapy for anorectal disorders. Neurogastroenterology and Motility. 2015;27:594.
- Rakel D. Headache. In: Integrative Medicine. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Biofeedback. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- 6 things to know when selecting a complementary health practitioner. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/tips/selecting. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- Find a practitioner. Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. http://www.aapb.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3442. Accessed Nov. 2, 2015.
- Whitney A. Biofeedback: A way to gain some control over pain. Current Pain Perspectives. 2014;63:S12.
- Consumer alerts. Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. http://www.aapb.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3444. Accessed Nov. 4, 2015.
- Whited A, et al. Effectiveness of emWave biofeedback in improving heart rate variability reactivity to and recovery from stress. Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. 2014;39:75.
- Lutz B. An institutional case study: Emotion regulation with Heartmath at Santa Cruz Country Children's Mental Health. Global Advances in Health and Medicine. 2014;3:68.
- Bauer BA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 11, 2015.