Wondering how to keep your bones strong and healthy? Follow these tips to take care of your bones.
The gastric bypass diet outlines what you can eat and how much after gastric bypass surgery. Discover new eating habits for successful weight loss.
Need menu inspiration? Get your creative juices flowing with these tasty recipes.
Have you ever wondered how gastric bypass and other weight-loss surgeries work? Check out this guide.
Apr. 07, 2014
- American Gastroenterological Association. American Gastroenterological Association medical position statement on obesity. Gastroenterology. 2002;123:879.
- Bariatric surgery for severe obesity. National Institute on Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/PDFs/gasurg12.04bw.pdf. Accessed Aug. 20, 2011.
- Jones D, et al. Surgical management of severe obesity. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Aug. 15, 2011.
- Jones D, et al. Complications of bariatric surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Aug. 15, 2011.
- Kushner RF, et al. Medical management of patients after bariatric surgery. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Aug. 15, 2011.
- FDA expands use of banding system for weight loss. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm245617.htm. Accessed June 9, 2011.
- Mechanick J, et al. American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, the Obesity Society, and American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery medical guidelines for clinical practice for the perioperative nutritional, metabolic, and nonsurgical support of the bariatric surgery patient. Obesity. 2009;17(suppl):S1.
- Collazo-Clavell ML (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Rochester, Minn. Sept. 7, 2011.
- Sarr MG (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 16, 2011.