Twisting the knee can cause a common knee injury known as a torn meniscus. Treatment sometimes includes surgery.
Arthritis — Comprehensive overview covers arthritis symptoms, arthritis treatment and types of arthritis.
A Baker's cyst is a swollen area behind your knee. Treating the primary cause — such as arthritis or a cartilage tear — usually helps relieve pain.
Chondromalacia patella is a knee condition that plagues many runners. It's often caused by overuse or injury.
A hip labral tear occurs when the soft tissue called the labrum in your hip joint tears — often due to injury, overuse or degenerative conditions.
Find out what could cause knee pain.
Less common than an ACL knee injury, a torn posterior cruciate ligament can be painful and sideline you for months. Find out more.
Thumb arthritis (basal joint arthritis) occurs when the joint at your wrist and the base of your thumb develops osteoarthritis.
Water on the knee refers to excess fluid inside or around your knee joint. Find out what causes this common knee problem.
Sometimes it really is all in the wrist. Learn more about what causes wrist pain and how it's treated.
Aug. 28, 2012
- Arthroscopy. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://www.orthoinfo.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00109. Accessed June 26, 2012.
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-4/0/1584/0.html. Accessed June 26, 2012.
- Knee arthroscopy. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://www.orthoinfo.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00299. Accessed June 26, 2012.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Care following lower extremity arthroscopy. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2009.
- Stuart MJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 26, 2012.