Your surgeon will review the findings of the arthroscopy with you as soon as possible. You may also receive a written report, as may your primary physician.
After arthroscopic surgery to treat a joint injury or disease, healing may take several weeks. Your surgeon will monitor your progress in follow-up visits and address any problems that arise.
Aug. 28, 2012
- Arthroscopy. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://www.orthoinfo.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00109. Accessed June 26, 2012.
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2008. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-4/0/1584/0.html. Accessed June 26, 2012.
- Knee arthroscopy. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://www.orthoinfo.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00299. Accessed June 26, 2012.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Care following lower extremity arthroscopy. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2009.
- Stuart MJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 26, 2012.