- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic's orthopedic surgeons have expertise in all types of ankle surgery — including a wide range of foot and ankle reconstruction surgeries. More than 1,000 ankle surgeries are performed at Mayo Clinic each year.
- Diagnostic and surgical innovation. Mayo Clinic surgeons team with experts from other specialties to determine the best treatment for your particular situation. State-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines guide treatment decisions. And surgeons use fiber-optic scopes and specialized tools to operate through small incisions when possible.
- Research advances. Mayo Clinic's laboratories for Biomechanics and Motion Analysis study how different types of ankle problems — as well as different types of ankle surgeries — affect a person's gait. Because of the work done in these labs, you have access to the latest ankle surgery advances at Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for orthopedics.
June 25, 2014
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Imboden JB, et al. Current Rheumatology Diagnosis & Treatment. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=809. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Turner NS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 22, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 10, 2014.