- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic's orthopedic surgeons have expertise in all types of ankle surgery — including a wide range of foot and ankle reconstruction surgeries. More than 1,000 ankle surgeries are performed at Mayo Clinic each year.
- Diagnostic and surgical innovation. Mayo Clinic surgeons team with experts from other specialties to determine the best treatment for your particular situation. State-of-the-art magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines guide treatment decisions. And surgeons use fiber-optic scopes and specialized tools to operate through small incisions when possible.
- Research advances. Mayo Clinic's laboratories for Biomechanics and Motion Analysis study how different types of ankle problems — as well as different types of ankle surgeries — affect a person's gait. Because of the work done in these labs, you have access to the latest ankle surgery advances at Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for orthopedics.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
June 25, 2014
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Imboden JB, et al. Current Rheumatology Diagnosis & Treatment. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=809. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Turner NS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 22, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 10, 2014.