The Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Mayo Clinic has long been involved in research advances in orthopedic surgery, including how to alleviate symptoms from various ankle and foot conditions. Mayo Clinic's laboratories for Biomechanics and Motion Analysis can analyze alterations in a person's gait, measure deficiencies in muscle strength and evaluate the effectiveness of different types of treatments.
See a list of publications on ankle surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Jun. 25, 2014
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Imboden JB, et al. Current Rheumatology Diagnosis & Treatment. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=809. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Turner NS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 22, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 10, 2014.