Dust mite allergy, an immune system reaction to inhaled dust mite "debris," causes hay fever symptoms and may cause allergy-induced asthma.
Food allergy symptoms can make you miserable. Unfortunately, there's no cure — but there are steps you can take to keep your symptoms in check.
Nasal polyps, inflammation-related growths in the nasal passages or sinuses, can block the flow of air and fluid in your nose.
Nickel allergy is a condition in which contact with items containing nickel causes an itchy, red rash usually at the site of contact.
April 02, 2014
- Nolte HN, et al. Overview of skin testing for allergic disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 26, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. How are allergy skin tests performed? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. What are the primary indications for allergy testing? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Tips to remember: What is allergy testing? American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/patients/publicedmat/tips/whatisallergytesting.stm. Accessed Nov. 26, 2013.
- Allergy testing. American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. http://www.acaai.org/public/background/testing.htm. Accessed Nov. 16, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. What types of medications can interfere with allergy skin testing, and for how long should they be avoided before testing? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Holgate ST, et al. Allergy. 4 ed. Edinburgh, U.K.: Elsevier. 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 13, 2013.
- Habif TP. Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy. 5th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.; New York, N.Y.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 13, 2013.