Updated February 6, 2015
Welcome to Mayo Clinic's website and online services ("Mayo Clinic Site" or the "Site"), an online information and communications service provided by Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, Mayo Clinic in Florida, Mayo Clinic in Arizona and Mayo Clinic Health System ("Mayo Clinic" or "We" or "Us"). This policy is intended to cover the uses for all of the Site, although additional conditions, restrictions and privacy policies may apply.
Health care disclaimer
The content, products and services offered herein are here to educate consumers on health care and medical issues that may affect their daily lives. Nothing in the content, products or services should be considered, or used as a substitute for, medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This site and its services do not constitute the practice of any medical, nursing or other professional health care advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should always talk to your health care provider for diagnosis and treatment, including your specific medical needs. None of the products or services offered through this website represents or warrants that any particular service or product is safe, appropriate or effective for you. We advise users to always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions regarding personal health or medical conditions. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem or condition, please contact a qualified health care professional immediately. If you are in the United States and are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or call for emergency medical help on the nearest telephone.
Intended for users 18 and older
The Site is intended for use by individuals 18 years of age or older. This website is not directed for use by children under the age of 18. Users under the age of 18 should get the assistance of a parent or guardian to use this site.
You agree that you will not:
- Upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that may infringe or violate any rights of any party
- Use this website for any purpose in violation of local, state, national or international laws
- Use this site as a means to distribute advertising or other unsolicited material to any third party
- Use this website to post or transmit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity
- Attempt to disable, "hack" or otherwise interfere with the proper functioning of this website
If you use any part of the Site requiring secure access, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
We reserve the right to reject any order you place with us, or to limit quantities on any order, without giving any reason. If we reject your order, we will generally attempt to notify you using the email address you gave us when you placed the order.
Termination of use
Mayo Clinic may, in its sole discretion, terminate your account or your use of the Site at any time. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination.
Mayo Clinic reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspects of the Site at any time without prior notice.
Blogs and interactive media
If you use blogging features or otherwise post information to a Site, you give Mayo Clinic the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from and otherwise use your submission for any purpose, in any form, and on any media.
If you use blogging features or otherwise post information to the Site, you agree you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Mayo Clinic in its sole discretion
- Post advertisements of solicitations for business
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes
- Impersonate another person including but not limited to a spouse, child or sibling
- Allow another person to use your credentials for posting or viewing comments
- Post the same note more than once or "spam"
Mayo Clinic reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Terminate a user's access to the entire Site or specific features such as the blog
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog features, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
One-time charges. A valid credit card number, expiration date and card security code is required for all purchases. If we are unable to charge the full cost of your purchase to the credit card you provide, we may cancel your order or request an alternate form of payment. Mayo Clinic's designated credit card processor will collect your credit card information and related personal information for its use in processing your payment for the products or services ordered by you. Any complaints or grievances regarding the processing of your payment should be addressed to Mayo Clinic at the contact information given below. You understand that the prices for products and services may be changed from time to time, but that the website will reflect current prices.
Responsibility for charges and fees. You are solely responsible for all charges and applicable fees (including delivery charges, taxes and any fees assessed by your bank) associated with your order.
Feb. 06, 2015