Are you worried you might have chlamydia? Find out how this common sexually transmitted infection is diagnosed and treated.
Gonorrhea is a highly contagious sexually transmitted infection. Without treatment, serious complications can occur.
Low sperm count can cause male infertility. Find out what causes it and how it's treated.
You and your partner want a baby — but your sperm needs help getting the job done. Most couples can still make it happen with the right treatment.
Apr. 10, 2014
- Wampler SM, et al. Common scrotal and testicular problems. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice. 2010;37:613.
- Eyre RC. Evaluation of the acute scrotum in adult men. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Keoghane SR, et al. Investigating and managing chronic scrotal pain. BMJ. 2010;341:c6716.
- Brenner JS, et al. Causes of scrotal pain in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Testicular or scrotal pain in boys. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Scrotal pain. The Merck Manuals: Home Edition for Patients and Caregivers. http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/kidney_and_urinary_tract_disorders/symptoms_of_kidney_and_urinary_tract_disorders/scrotal_pain.html?qt=groin pain&alt=sh. Accessed Aug. 16, 2013.
- Cooper CS, et al. Undescended testes (cryptorchidism) in children: Clinical features and evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.