Are you worried you might have chlamydia? Find out how this common sexually transmitted infection is diagnosed and treated.
Gonorrhea is a highly contagious sexually transmitted infection. Without treatment, serious complications can occur.
You and your partner want a baby — but your sperm needs help getting the job done. Most couples can still make it happen with the right treatment.
April 10, 2014
- Wampler SM, et al. Common scrotal and testicular problems. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice. 2010;37:613.
- Eyre RC. Evaluation of the acute scrotum in adult men. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Keoghane SR, et al. Investigating and managing chronic scrotal pain. BMJ. 2010;341:c6716.
- Brenner JS, et al. Causes of scrotal pain in children and adolescents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Testicular or scrotal pain in boys. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Scrotal pain. The Merck Manuals: Home Edition for Patients and Caregivers. http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/kidney_and_urinary_tract_disorders/symptoms_of_kidney_and_urinary_tract_disorders/scrotal_pain.html?qt=groin pain&alt=sh. Accessed Aug. 16, 2013.
- Cooper CS, et al. Undescended testes (cryptorchidism) in children: Clinical features and evaluation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.