Although the absence of menstruation (amenorrhea) is seldom serious, the condition can often be linked to an underlying problem requiring treatment.
Breast cancer is the disease that many women fear most. But early detection and lifestyle changes may reduce your risk.
Fibrocystic breasts feel lumpy, and they're prone to soreness before your period. They're sometimes uncomfortable, but fibrocystic breast changes are common.
Galactorrhea is a milky discharge from the nipple not associated with the normal milk production of breast-feeding.
For male breast cancer, awareness and early diagnosis are key to successful treatment.
Mammary duct ectasia is a noncancerous breast condition in which the milk ducts beneath the nipple become wider, clogged and sometimes inflamed.
Paget's disease of the breast is a form of breast cancer that involves the nipple. Understand treatment options for this rare breast cancer.
Apr. 09, 2014
- Non-cancerous breast conditions. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/healthy/findcancerearly/womenshealth/non-cancerousbreastconditions/non-cancerous-breast-conditions-intro. Accessed Oct. 7, 2013.
- Golshan M, et al. Nipple discharge. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 7, 2013.
- Nipple discharge. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gynecology_and_obstetrics/breast_disorders/nipple_discharge.html. Accessed Oct. 7, 2013.
- Onstad M, et al. Benign breast disorders. Obstetrics and Gynecology Clinics of North America. 2013;40:459.
- Gallenberg MM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 15, 2013.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 15, 2013.