Primary aldosteronism is a condition in which your adrenal glands overproduce a hormone that, in excess, can cause high blood pressure. Effective treatments are available.
July 08, 2014
- Mount DB. Causes of hypokalemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 13, 2014.
- Hypokalemia. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Health Care Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/endocrine_and_metabolic_disorders/electrolyte_disorders/hypokalemia.html. Accessed May 13, 2014.
- Reid A, et al. Hypokalemia: Common things occur commonly — A retrospective survey. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine. 2012;3:80.
- Patient information: Hypokalemia (the basics). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 13, 2014.
- Potassium, serum. Mayo Medical Laboratories. http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/81390. Accessed May 13, 2014.