Your bones are made up of living tissue that's continually being renewed. Paget's disease of bone disrupts that process, sometimes causing serious complications.
Polymyalgia rheumatica is an inflammatory disorder that causes pain and stiffness in the neck, shoulders, upper arms, hips and thighs.
July 31, 2013
- Firestein GS, et al. Kelley's Textbook of Rheumatology. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1807/0.html. Accessed May 13, 2013.
- Anderson BC. Evaluation of the adult with hip pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 13, 2013.
- Anderson BC. Patient information: Hip pain (Beyond the basics). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 13, 2013.
- Anderson BC. Overview of hip pain in childhood. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 13, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013:5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-08373-7..00002-9&isbn=978-0-323-08373-7&about=true&uniqId=343863096-23. Accessed May 13, 2013.
- Collins RD. Algorithmic Diagnosis of Symptoms and Signs. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2013:232.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 13, 2013.