Broken arm? If your arm hurts too much to use normally, seek prompt medical care.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by compression of the nerve running through your wrist. Treatment can provide relief.
Back pain may mean you have a herniated disk — but not always. In fact, you can have disk herniation without pain. Here are the facts.
One of the most feared diseases of the 20th century, polio has been eradicated from the developed world but remains a threat in less developed nations.
Porphyria is a group of inherited disorders that result from buildup of natural chemicals call porphyrins, which can cause nervous system and skin problems.
Find out about this rare cause of heart attack in young, healthy people.
Feb. 26, 2016
- McMahon SB, et al., eds. Non-specific arm pain. In: Wall & Melzack's Textbook of Pain. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.; Saunders Elsevier: 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 6, 2016.
- Henderson MC, et al., eds. Arm and hand pain. In: The Patient History: An Evidence-Based Approach to Differential Diagnosis. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Jan. 16, 2016.
- Heart attack. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/heartattack/. Accessed Jan. 16, 2016.
- Sprains, strains and other soft tissue injuries. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00111. Accessed Jan. 16, 2016.
- LaDou J, et al., eds. Shoulder, elbow, & hand injuries. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Occupational & Environmental Medicine. 5th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2013. http://accessmedicine. com. Accessed Jan. 16, 2016.