Broken arm? If your arm hurts too much to use normally, seek prompt medical care.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is caused by compression of the nerve running through your wrist. Treatment can provide relief.
Fibromuscular dysplasia is a rare, but treatable, condition in which the arteries to your kidneys, brain or abdomen narrow, reducing blood flow to your organs.
Back pain may mean you have a herniated disk — but not always. In fact, you can have disk herniation without pain. Here are the facts.
One of the most feared diseases of the 20th century, polio has been eradicated from the developed world but remains a threat in less developed nations.
Porphyria is a group of inherited disorders that result from buildup of natural chemicals call porphyrins, which can cause nervous system and skin problems.
Find out about this rare cause of heart attack in young, healthy people.
Thoracic outlet syndrome is a group of disorders that occur when the nerves or vessels in the shoulder area (thoracic outlet) are compressed.
April 09, 2013
- Kinirons M, et al. French's Index of Differential Diagnosis: An A-Z. 15th ed. London, England: Hodder Arnold; 2011:35.
- Seller RH. Differential Diagnosis of Common Complaints. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2007:299.
- Heart attack. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/heartattack/. Accessed Feb. 5, 2013.
- Shoulder, arm and elbow. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/menus/arm.cfm. Accessed Jan. 30, 2013.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 3, 2013.