A care conference is a gathering of family members and members of your multidisciplinary health care team to discuss and plan your child's care. Conferences are helpful when care requires intervention by many different specialists, when planning discharge or when coordinating care with community-based resources.
Family support space
Family support space is available within each patient care unit. These spaces include kitchens, laundry facilities, lounge areas and showers.
Child Life Program
The Mayo Clinic Children's Center has child life specialists available to you and your child while in the hospital. To address the individual needs of patients and their families, our Child Life Program offers:
July 09, 2016
- Developmentally appropriate information about hospital procedures, including coping and diversion skills
- Play opportunities and activities to support growth and development, including video and computer games, as well as daily crafts and special evening and holiday activities
- Education about and support during medical procedures, including "comfort holds" (e.g., hand-holding and embraces) anytime
- Advocacy for family-centered care
- Computer and laptops to use during your child's hospital stay