Eisenberg Building, subway level, room SL-59
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
1 to 4:30 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
The library provides many resources for patients and families.
Many resources can be checked out to patient rooms, including:
- Books, magazines and audiobooks
- DVDs and VHS tapes
- TVs with VCR/DVD players
- Music, personal radio/CD/tape players
- Laptops and iPads are available for patients who are room-bound
- Board games
- Video and audio equipment for critically ill patients to record messages
Resources available for use inside the library include computers with Internet access, a copy and fax machine and TTY for the hearing impaired.
The library staff will assist you in finding health information in print or electronic format. Library service is available to patients at no charge. Volunteers bring a library cart stocked with books and magazines available for checkout to each hospital floor every week.
- Four computers with Internet access are available for patients and family members in the library.
- There is a 45-minute time limit if people are waiting.
- Printing is 10 cents a copy.
Computers with Internet access are available for families and visitors in the waiting area on the lobby level of the Eisenberg Building. Complimentary wireless Internet access is accessible for personal computers throughout the hospital.
June 02, 2015