Financial Assistance - Mayo Clinic's Campus in Minnesota
Mayo Clinic has a long history of providing care to patients regardless of their ability to pay. Our primary value is "the needs of the patient come first."
Mayo Clinic provides services to meet the needs of people who are unable to pay for care. These services include:
- Using fair and consistent billing and collection practices that are in the best interest of all parties involved
- Providing individualized or extended payment plans, medical services at reduced rates or at no cost
- Providing emergency care to stabilize you, regardless of your ability to pay
Mayo Clinic determines your need for charitable care based on financial information and the medical services needed. The financial information includes your individual and family income, assets, employment status, family size and availability of alternative sources of payment. Read Mayo Clinic's Financial Assistance Policy (PDF) for further information.
If you're experiencing financial hardship, please contact Patient Account Services at 800-660-4582 (toll-free) to discuss options such as a payment plan or financial assistance. Visit our offices in one of the following locations:
- Mayo Clinic — Gonda Building, Lobby Level East
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Methodist Campus — Eisenberg Building, Lobby Level
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Saint Marys Campus — Mary Brigh Building, Main Floor
Our staff may ask you to complete a Mayo Clinic Financial Assistance Application form (PDF), which will help us evaluate your eligibility for charity care. Note that until your financial statement has been reviewed and approved by our financial counselors, you'll be financially responsible for your medical care. Completing a financial statement may not absolve you of your full financial responsibility with Mayo Clinic.
Please return the completed financial statement and all required information to:
Dec. 24, 2015