What to bring to your appointment
Bring the following with you when you come to Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota for your appointment:
- A list of your current medications and dosages. You may bring the bottles or containers with you to your first appointment.
- Medical information, and radiology images and reports supplied by your local doctor, if requested by Mayo Clinic.
- Any forms you were asked to bring with you.
- The name, address and telephone number of the doctor who referred you, if applicable.
- Written authorization of referral from your HMO or PPO, if you are covered by one of these organizations.
- Your insurance information and Medicare card, if you have one.
- Your Mayo Clinic registration number and plastic ID card, if you were given one at an earlier visit.
- Bring your pharmacy name, address, city, state and ZIP code for any prescriptions you may need to fill.
- Items to help pass the time while you wait between appointments. Mayo Clinic offers a free wireless network.
- A copy of your living will or other advance directive form for your doctor to review. It will then be placed in your medical record.
You, your legal representative or your care provider has the right to request a chaperone during your examination or treatment.
Please be sure to follow any special instructions, such as fasting, that you may have received.
Dec. 09, 2014