What to bring to your appointment
Bring the following with you when you come to Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota for your appointment:
- A list of your current medications and dosages. You may bring the bottles or containers with you to your first appointment.
- Medical information, and radiology images and reports supplied by your local doctor, if requested by Mayo Clinic.
- Bring your pharmacy name, address, city, state and ZIP code for any prescriptions you may need to fill.
- A copy of your living will or other advance directive form for your doctor to review. It will then be placed in your medical record.
- Any forms you were asked to bring with you.
- The name, address and telephone number of the doctor who referred you, if applicable.
- Written authorization of referral from your HMO or PPO, if you are covered by one of these organizations.
- Your insurance information and Medicare card, if you have one.
- Your Mayo Clinic registration number and plastic ID card, if you were given one at an earlier visit.
- If you haven't done so already, please consider creating an advance directive to ensure your wishes are communicated now and going forward.
- You might want to bring items to help pass the time while you wait between appointments. Mayo Clinic offers a free wireless network.
You, your legal representative or your care provider has the right to request a chaperone during your examination or treatment.
Please be sure to follow any special instructions, such as fasting, that you may have received.
June 27, 2017