You can request your own appointment at Mayo Clinic. A physician referral is not necessary.
In Florida, Mayo Clinic treats primarily adults, although some specialists see teenagers and young children. In addition, physicians in the Mayo Primary Care Centers treat patients of all ages, including infants and children. The Central Appointment Office staff can provide more details.
- U.S. Patients
- International Patients
Our Central Appointment Office staff is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
- TDD hearing-impaired line: 904-953-2300
- Fax: 904-953-2898
Send a written request for an appointment to:
Central Appointment Office
4500 San Pablo Road
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Your local physician also can refer you to Mayo Clinic and make an appointment for you.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel it no later than 48 hours in advance so that the time can be given to another patient. A new appointment can be scheduled for you.
If you feel more comfortable speaking a language other than English, the clinic will arrange for an interpreter at no cost. Please request interpreting services at the time you make your appointment.
Before your clinic appointment, you will receive an information packet. It will include:
- An appointment time and location for the date previously confirmed. Please pay special attention to the building where your appointment is scheduled (Cannaday Building, Davis Building, Mayo Building). Not only will knowing this information point you in the right direction, it also will help you determine the most convenient parking spot.
- Instructions on any necessary preparations for scheduled tests, such as fasting.
- A "Registration Information" form, which you should complete and mail back before your appointment, if time permits.
- An "Information for Your Physician" form, which you should complete and bring with you to your appointment. Please make sure you bring a complete list of current medications, including name, dose and frequency. This includes over-the-counter medications, vitamins and herbs.
- A Financial Guide for Mayo Clinic patients, designed to help you understand the financial and insurance aspects of your visit to the clinic.
- A Patient's Guide, which includes information to help your visit go smoothly. The guide includes maps, travel and hotel information.