Charitable care and financial assistance
Billing and insurance
Patient Account Services can assist you with questions or concerns regarding billing and answer general insurance questions.
Find out more
Mayo Clinic provides services to meet the needs of people who are unable to pay for care. These services include:
- Using fair and consistent billing and collection practices, including charitable care and financial assistance policies and a standard application process
- Providing extended payment plan options, and medically necessary services at reduced rates, or at no cost for patients eligible for financial assistance
- Providing emergency care, regardless of ability to pay
Mayo Clinic determines your eligibility for financial assistance based on financial information and the medical services needed. Required financial information includes: your annual household income, assets, family size and availability of alternative sources of payment. Please refer to Mayo Clinic's Financial Assistance Policy (PDF) for further information.
If you're experiencing financial hardship, please contact Patient Account Services at 904-953-7323 or 800-660-4190 (toll-free), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, to discuss options such as a payment plan or financial assistance. Visit our offices in one of the following locations:
- Mayo Clinic — Davis Building
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Jacksonville, Florida
- Mayo Building, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL
Our staff may ask you to complete a Mayo Clinic Financial Assistance Application (PDF), which will help us evaluate your eligibility for charity care. Note that until your financial statement has been reviewed and approved by our financial counselors, you'll be financially responsible for your medical care. Completing a financial assistance application may not absolve you of your full financial responsibility with Mayo Clinic.
Please return the completed financial statement and all required information to:
If you have questions regarding your Mayo Clinic monthly statement or financial assistance, you may call Patient Account Services at 904-953-7323. If you are located outside the Jacksonville area, call 800-660-4190 (toll-free). The TDD line is 904-953-2300.