Charitable Care and Financial Assistance
Mayo Clinic works with patients who are experiencing financial hardship. The clinic provides services to meet the needs of patients who are unable to pay for care. These services include:
- Helping patients find sources to fund their care, including opportunities to work with outside agencies.
- Using fair and consistent collection practices that are in the best interest of all parties involved.
- Providing individualized payment plans based on the patient's ability to pay.
- Providing medical services at reduced rates or at no cost.
- Providing emergency care to stabilize patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
Mayo Clinic has developed a process for directing patients to alternative sources of funding for their medical care. Mayo Clinic determines a patient's need for charitable care based on information such as the patient's individual and family or household income, assets, family size and availability of alternative sources of payment.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please contact Patient Financial Services or arrange to meet with one of our financial counselors, who can talk with you about options such as a payment plan or government assistance. Our staff may ask you to complete a Mayo Clinic Financial Statement form (PDF), which will help us evaluate your eligibility for charity care. Please be sure to contact Patient Financial Services to discuss your financial situation prior to completing a Financial Statement form. Note that until your financial statement has been reviewed and approved by our financial counselors, you will be financially responsible for your medical care. Read Mayo Clinic's Charity Care Policy (PDF).
Please return completed financial statement and all required information to:
If you have questions regarding billing or charity care, you may call Patient Financial Services at 904-953-7058. If you are located outside the Jacksonville area, call toll-free 1-866-MAYOJAX or 1-866-629-6529. The TDD line is 904-953-2300. If you would like to make an appointment to meet with a Financial Counselor, contact 904-953-6945.