Preparing for Surgery:
A Program for Children and Teenagers
Preparing for Surgery: A Program for Children and Teenagers is a 40-minute class taught in the Patient Education Center. The class may include information on:
- The admission process to the hospital
- What to bring to the hospital
- Expected events on the day of surgery
- Managing pain and nausea after surgery
- Participation of the family on the day of surgery
A child life specialist teaches this class using a hands-on approach to learning. The class is individualized to meet each child's needs.
The class is available on a drop-in basis between noon and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. For more information, call 507-284-8140 or stop at the Patient Education Center reception desk.