Preparing for Surgery
Preparing for Surgery is a 45-minute class taught in the Patient Education Center. After completing this class, you should be able to:
- Understand the expected procedures and events of the surgical day
- Identify equipment commonly used after surgery
- Demonstrate postoperative exercises
- Describe possible postoperative discomfort and its management
- Discuss the role of the family on the surgical day
This class includes instruction, a video presentation, an overview of selected medical equipment, discussion and an opportunity to ask questions. You'll receive a packet containing a summary of class content and related materials for future reference.
For information on class times, call 507-284-8140 or stop at the Patient Education Center reception desk.