Breast Health Awareness
Breast Health Awareness is a 45-minute class offered in the Patient Education Center. After completing this class, you should be able to:
- State breast cancer screening recommendations
- State the risks, benefits and limitations of breast self-examination, physical (clinical) examination and mammography
- Describe changes in the breast that could indicate cancer
- Verbalize when to notify your physician
- Demonstrate the proper technique for breast self-examination
This class includes instruction, discussion and demonstration. You may also practice breast self-examination techniques using a model and ask questions. You'll receive a packet containing a summary of class content and related materials for future reference.
Register by calling 507-284-8140 or by making an appointment at the Patient Education Center reception desk.