What to bring to your appointment
Bring the following with you when you come to Mayo Clinic for your appointment:
- A list of your current medications and dosages. You may want to bring the bottles or containers with you to your first appointment. A pharmacy technician may be calling you prior to your appointment to ensure that your medications are up to date in our system.
- Copies of your medical records, radiology images and reports from your local doctor, if requested by Mayo. If you would like Mayo to secure copies of your records directly from your non-Mayo doctors, please complete, print and sign an Authorization to Release Protected Medical Information (PDF), and return it to us.
- Copies of any forms you were asked to send to us ahead of time.
- The name, address and telephone number of your primary care doctor and the doctor who referred you (if applicable).
- Written authorization of referral from your HMO or PPO, if you are covered by one of these organizations and it is required.
- Insurance information and enrollment cards.
- A copy of your living will or advance directive for your doctor to review. It will then be placed in your medical record.
- Items to help pass the time if you have a wait between appointments. Mayo Clinic has a free wireless network.
You, your legal representative or your care provider has the right to request a chaperone during your examination or treatment.