Patient medical records and imaging
A record of the care patients receive is retained in our secure electronic medical record. These records are kept in strict confidence and are not released without the patient's written consent, except as required by law.
Mayo Clinic patients can access their medical information in two ways.
Free secure online record access
Create an online account through Patient Online Services for free record access. Many patients prefer this option due to cost and convenience.
- Go to www.mayoclinic.org and click "Log in to Patient Account” in the upper right corner and request a new account.
- Complete the one-time account creation process online.
Creating your own account gives you access 24/7 to a select set of medical records (i.e., lab results and radiology reports, clinical notes, medication list, allergy list, immunizations) as well as your patient itinerary (schedule). You may print your own copies of this information whenever you choose at no cost.
Patent Online Services is available both via mobile app (iPhone, Android) and Web browser.
Request copies of records be sent to you (fees may apply)
You can request copies of your medical information be sent to you using an appropriate method below.
- Radiology images
- X-rays, ultrasounds, MRI, CT, nuclear medicine, and other images are available on CD/DVD.
- Mammography images are available in either electronic or film formats.
- Radiology images and mammogram films must be requested through the Radiology Data Management Services, by completing the online authorization form (PDF) and faxing to: 480-301-8037.
- Any questions related to release of images may be directed to Radiology Data Management at 480-301-4211.
Charges will apply for medical record copies or CD/DVD radiology images released directly to you:
Our usual procedure is to mail any requested records. You may also pick them up yourself at either
Charges excluding postage still apply for records picked up in person. Please allow 48 hours (two business days) to process your request.
May 29, 2015