Mayo Clinic Medical Transport works in many ways to enhance the quality of emergency medical services and to make safer communities. Gold Cross, the advanced life support ambulance service that is part of Mayo Clinic Medical Transport, provides high-quality, reasonably-priced training to emergency personnel as well as local business and industry.
Emergency Medical Services (EMS) courses are taught by paramedics and emergency medical technicians who work in the emergency medicine field. Their hands-on experience makes Gold Cross education practical, credible and informative.
Courses are conducted at either our site or off-site locations. Gold Cross is licensed by the Minnesota Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board (EMSRB) as an EMS training institution and by the American Heart Association as a Community Training Center. For more information, call
507-255-2236 or 866-202-8059 (toll-free in the U.S.) or email Tom Gathje at firstname.lastname@example.org. Courses include:
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) — Basic: This course is the training foundation for all ambulance personnel. Upon successful completion, students are eligible to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMPT) written and practical examinations to be certified as an NREMT-B.
- EMT refresher: This course is for people currently certified as EMTs or whose registration has lapsed within the past year.
- First responder: This class is for law enforcement officials, firefighters, industrial workers and others who may respond to medical or trauma emergencies. Participants who complete the 40-hour class receive certificates from the EMSRB.
- First responder refresher: This class is for people who are current first responders or whose registration has lapsed within the past year.
American Heart Association (AHA)
Scheduled classes are held in Rochester only. Classes can be tailored to the needs of groups or organizations and can be taught at your location. For individual registration and class availability, call 507-266-4100. All AHA courses have a two-year certification. Courses include:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) provider: This course uses patient scenarios as well as modern equipment and standards to demonstrate medical procedures for cardiac emergencies.
- ACLS refresher: This course is for current ACLS cardholders and experienced health care providers.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) provider: This course is for current ACLS cardholders and experienced health care providers.
- PALS refresher: This course is for current ACLS cardholders and experienced health care providers.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for health care providers: This course instructs participants in procedures for CPR and for choking in infants, children and adults.
- CPR for health care provider's recertification: This is a refresher course for health care providers who need to renew certification.
- Heart-saver First Aid with CPR & Automated External Defibrillator (AED): This course covers everything from just adult CPR to first aid and AED for adults, children and infants.