Orthopedic Surgery Update
Orthopedic Surgery Update is a publication for physicians highlighting current trends and advances in orthopedic surgery at Mayo Clinic.
To contact the Department of Orthopedics at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for a patient referral or physician consultation, please call 507-538-4101.
Vol. 11, No. 1, 2017 (PDF)
- Preoperative Planning and Patient-Specific Instrumentation Improve Accuracy of Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Distal Radius Fractures in Older Versus Younger Patients
- Innovative Approaches Improve Limb Salvage in Pediatric Patients With Cancer
- Trauma Surgeons Uniquely Qualified to Treat SIJ Dysfunction
Vol. 10, No. 2, 2016 (PDF)
- Reducing the Risk of Recurrent Patellar Instability in Skeletally Immature Patients
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery: Hit or Miss?
- Dexamethasone May Prevent Post-Traumatic Osteoarthritis
- Limb Lengthening and Regeneration Clinic Addresses Complex Discrepancies and Deficiencies
Vol. 10, No. 1, 2016 (PDF)
- Complex Foot Deformities: A Case Study
- Ponseti Treatment for Clubfoot: Past and Future
- Scapholunate Injuries: A Paradigm Shift?
- Animal Models Aid Study of Arthrofibrosis After TKA
Vol. 9, No. 2, 2015 (PDF)
- Leadership and Innovation in Oncological Reconstructions
- Collaborating to Improve Spinal Infection Control
- Highlights of Mayo Clinic Contributions to AAOS 2015 Programs
- Running Subcuticular Closure Technique Provides Most Perfusion to Support Wound Closure after TKA
- Largest Study of Genotype Database of Patients with Avascular Necrosis and Matched Controls Suggests AVN Subtype Linked to Steroids
Vol. 9, No. 1, 2015 (PDF)
- Leadership Vision from Mark W. Pagnano, M.D.: Committed to Creative, Innovative Excellence in Orthopedic Surgery, Clinical Care, Research and Education
- Challenging Scaphoid Nonunions: Mayo Clinic Innovates New Approaches to Vascularized Bone Grafts
- Novel Intraoperative CT Navigation Protocols Implemented to Improve Complex Spine Surgery Outcomes
- Dr. Timothy E. Hewett Named Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Director of Biomechanics and Director of Sports Medicine Research
- Critical Imaging Analysis Leads to Optimal Treatments