Each of Mayo Clinic's three campuses — Rochester, Minnesota; Jacksonville, Florida; and Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona — has a Referring Provider Office staffed with physician liaisons who work to ensure outstanding service for both referring providers and their patients.
Physician liaisons work closely with Mayo's clinical areas to bring the most up-to-date, relevant information to referring providers and their staff members.
Facilitating patient referrals
Contact our physician liaisons for assistance before or after referring a patient. We're available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. local time at each Mayo Clinic location.
Beyond helping with the logistics of the referral process, we're able to:
- Answer any questions about our medical and surgical departments to ensure that we direct your patient to the appropriate area and staff member based on diagnosis
- Discuss Mayo Clinic's specialists for a particular disease
- Help you gain online access to patient appointment times once your patient's appointment has been scheduled, or clinical notes and test results after your patient has been seen by a Mayo physician
In some cases, we may connect you with another Mayo staff member who can better assist you.
Learn more about referring a patient or use our secure online referral service to refer a patient now.
Visits, CME and more
The Referring Provider Office is a resource for more than just patient referrals. In addition to connecting you with Mayo Clinic physicians and medical services, our physician liaisons can:
- Visit you. We'll travel to your office to discuss the referral process, provide any necessary training, share relevant referral materials and contact information, and answer any questions you have about working with Mayo Clinic.
- Arrange a Mayo Clinic physician visit. A Mayo Clinic physician can visit your office to meet you and your colleagues and discuss your specialties and expertise. This also provides us an opportunity to learn more about your practice and how we can collaborate to provide optimal care for mutual patients.
- Provide information about continuing education. Get the latest details on our Grand Rounds presentations and physician videos (available in our Medical Professional Video Center), continuing medical education (CME) opportunities available through Mayo School of Continuous Professional Development, and clinical and research fellowships.
- Find clinical trials. Mayo Clinic has approximately 500 active clinical trials evaluating therapies, drugs, diagnostic tools and patient care practices. We can help you locate information about our trials, including how to enroll.
- Listen to your feedback. How was your experience interacting with Mayo Clinic? And how was your patient's experience? Let us know what went smoothly and how we can improve.