Information for Your Patients
If patients have questions about appointments, insurance and billing, or international services, direct them to Contact Mayo Clinic for specific phone numbers for those areas.
- An individual registration number is given to each patient at Mayo Clinic. This number should be used for all clinic communications regarding your patient.
- We suggest that you keep a record of your patient's Mayo Clinic registration number for easy future reference.
- If a patient has previously been assigned a Mayo Clinic registration number, that original number will continue to be used.
- We recommend that patients contact their insurance providers to verify benefit and eligibility for services provided by Mayo Clinic.
- Our staff will file your patient's primary insurance and assist patients in filing any supplemental insurance claims.
- Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic hospitals are in-network for many insurance plans.
- Mayo Clinic does not accept Medicare assignment, so payments will be made directly to the patient.
Travel and lodging
- Mayo Clinic does not arrange housing for patients. Patients are encouraged to secure lodging reservations before their anticipated arrival. Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, has a free patient concierge service that can advise on transportation, lodging and more.
- Travel and lodging information and maps for each campus:
Patient and visitor guide
- Find information about Mayo's campuses in the online patient and visitor guide.
- Mayo has video tours to help patients become oriented to each Mayo campus:
- International services, including interpreters available at no charge, help ensure that distance and language are not obstacles to receiving world-class care.
- See the Mayo international services website in other languages:
- Download the free Mayo Clinic Patient app, which offers help navigating Mayo Clinic, secure access to personal health information and more.