The Administrative Fellowship Program's first priority is the long-term leadership needs of Mayo Clinic; our second priority is immediate needs and opportunities. With these priorities in mind, we assign you to rotations according to your capabilities, interests and need for development.
If you have a strong interest in a given area, we will make every effort to provide an experience in that area, though we ask you to be flexible and responsive to our organizational needs and opportunities.
During your rotation planning discussions, you'll be encouraged to envision the full range of experience you hope to gain so that, at the end of your fellowship, you'll be a strong candidate for the positions you wish to pursue.
You are assigned to a base location, where most of your rotation assignments take place. However, we will try to give you the opportunity to experience another Mayo Clinic location during your fellowship. Your "traveling" rotation may take you to Jacksonville, Florida; Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona; Rochester, Minnesota; or a Mayo Clinic Health System practice.
Standard rotations and examples of recent assignments:
- Serve as national strategies interim administrator
- Serve as Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology interim administrator
- Serve as Division of Hematology interim administrator
- Develop operational plans and budgets for clinical departments
- Assist with organizational redesign of Admissions and Business Services
- Develop performance monitoring dashboard for Medical Revenue Systems
- Develop billing processes map to identify major improvement opportunities
- Develop performance management tools
- Measure activity analysis of benefits information
- Support clinical department staff recruitment
- Assist with Administrative Fellowship Program recruitment and selection activities
- Develop clinical trials program business plan
- Support Department of Internal Medicine research retreat planning team
- Serve as Mayo Medical School interim administrator
- Lead team in creating Mayo School of Health Sciences Alumni Association
- Coordinate the first Serving the Underserved Educational Forum
- Support electronic medical record project — automated patient itinerary
- Lead team in developing proposal for telecommunicating site
- Develop new procedures for Mayo Clinic Hospital, Methodist Campus, patient receiving unit
- Evaluate space requirements for Gonda Vascular Center