The Administrative Fellowship Program seeks candidates from strong master's-level accredited programs. Our selection process aims for diverse skill sets, backgrounds, work experiences and interests.
- Have a master's degree (M.B.A., M.H.A., M.H.S.A. or related field) or be a degree candidate who is on schedule to complete the degree before the fellowship start date in July
- Candidates with a master's degree from a program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) are preferred; applications from non-CAHME programs are accepted for review
- Have health care industry experience such as an internship, externship, fellowship or applicable employment
- Possess broad knowledge of current and historical perspectives on health care business management and administration, clinical practice management, clinical research and education, hospital administration and management, finance, human resources and organizational development, information systems, and managed care
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for individuals participating in the Administrative Fellowship Program.
To view available Administrative Fellowship Program job postings, visit the Jobs at Mayo Clinic page and enter "Administrative Fellowship Program" as your search term.
If no program positions are open, join our Talent Community to be notified via email when positions are available.
Required application materials:
- Cover letter addressed to Administrative Fellowship Program Selection Committee
- Personal statement (one-page single-spaced essay about your strengths, interests and experiences)
- Graduate letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
- Official, sealed graduate school transcript
- Official or unofficial undergraduate transcript
Your cover letter, resume and personal statement should be uploaded into the online application system.
Unopened official transcripts, along with any hard-copy letters of recommendation, should be sent by mail to:
Contact staffing specialist Stacy M. Fuhrman at email@example.com with any questions about application materials.
Timeline and selection process
Applications are typically accepted from July through early October. The application timeline for the fellowship beginning in summer 2016 is:
- July 13, 2015: Fellowship job opportunity posted online
- Oct. 5, 2015: Application deadline
- Mid-October 2015: Phone interviews
- Nov. 5-6, 2015: On-site interviews
- Nov. 16, 2015: Begin extending fellowship offers
- July 2016: Fellowship begins
Mayo Clinic is aligned with the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF) and the NCAF Code of Good Practice, which includes a coordinated approach to the application and selection process timeline.
Sept. 12, 2015