Diverse candidates from strong master's-level accredited programs are sought for the Administrative Fellowship Program. Competition for this program is intense and selection is a challenging exercise in discerning those best suited, while striving for diverse skill sets, background, work experience and interests. Current and previous administrative fellows have hailed from across the U.S. and have completed their academic training at a wide variety of institutions.
Qualified candidates for the Administrative Fellowship Program:
- Are master's-prepared individuals who have completed the degree requirements or are degree candidates in health care administration, business administration, public health, health services administration or related fields of study
- Are on schedule to complete their degree before the fellowship program's July start date
- Have had experience within the health care industry, such as an internship, externship, fellowship or applicable employment
- Possess broad knowledge of current and historical perspectives of the health care industry that can include business management and administration, clinical practice management, clinical research and education, hospital administration and management, finance, human resources and organizational development, information systems, and managed care
At this time, Mayo Clinic is not able to provide visa sponsorship for individuals participating in the Administrative Fellowship Program.
Please visit the Administration, Business and Finance Jobs Web page and search for "Administrative Fellowship Program." If a fellowship position is not available, click "Email jobs to me." You will then be notified via email when future fellowship positions become available.
The online Administrative Fellowship posting outlines the job description, qualifications, application process, required materials and application deadline. A general timeline for the fellowship recruitment and selection process is as follows:
- Early spring — job posted
- Mid-September — application deadline
- October/November — candidate interviews and offers extended
- July — fellowship begins
These documents are needed for a complete application:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Personal statement
- Graduate letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
- Graduate school transcript