Rochester is a dynamic Midwestern city that blends the attractive qualities of a small town with achievements of a great metropolis. Nicknamed Med City for Mayo Clinic's long and prominent history within the community, Rochester is Minnesota's third largest city and the fastest growing. About 125,000 residents call the area home and welcome more than 2 million visitors every year.
Set in the rolling farmland of a river valley in southeastern Minnesota, Rochester is just 75 miles south of Minneapolis and St. Paul, sometimes known as the Twin Cities. The Rochester area has been recognized nationally as a "best place" to live, notable for its quality of life.
Some regional highlights:
- Parks and preserves, including more than 85 miles of recreational trails
- Local and metropolitan museums, galleries and theaters, including the Guthrie Theater
- The Mall of America in Bloomington
- The Minnesota Zoo
- Professional sports, including the Minnesota Vikings and the Minnesota Twins
- The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness