Jacksonville is known as Florida's River City. It's located where the St. Johns River meets the Atlantic Ocean, and community life reflects the presence of miles of waterways and white, unspoiled beaches.
With 1 million residents and counting, Jacksonville is the largest city in Florida, in population and in land area, but its mild climate and rich natural resources promote an outdoor lifestyle and the friendly charm of a small town.
Some regional highlights:
- The largest urban park system in the United States
- More than 50 golf courses, an annual PGA tournament and the World Golf Hall of Fame
- Four modern seaports, including the country's newest cruise port
- The second largest jazz festival in the United States
- The National Football League's Jacksonville Jaguars