During the Video Post-Production Internship, interns gain hands-on experience in many areas, including video post-production, DVD authoring, graphics and motion graphics creation. Opportunities to learn about other areas of video production, preproduction, webcasting, photography, animation, videoconferencing and audiovisual support also are available.
The use of video, graphics, animation and other communication technologies support every aspect of Mayo Clinic's clinical practice, research and education activities.
The internship begins with a two-week orientation. The remainder of the internship is spent following a structured curriculum with hands-on training. You work under the close supervision of a mentor as well as staff, as needed.
Examples of projects you work on and skills you develop during the internship include:
- Creating graphics, menus and animations in Motion, After Effects and Photoshop
- Creating or re-creating projects in Final Cut Pro
- Encoding finished projects to appropriate professional formats for delivery
- Learning professional standards to encode projects to DVD
- Authoring DVD projects in DVD Studio Pro and high-definition projects in Blu-ray using Encore
Your work will adhere to professional industry standards and be completed in a tightly scheduled environment using the latest state-of-the-art tools. You also gain insights that allow you to anticipate technical problems before they happen and quickly resolve them when they do. In addition, the internship provides you with valuable experience in managing multiple clients and projects, while working in tandem with others in a group environment.
At the end of the Video Post-Production Internship, you'll have a finished project in the format desired. You should also have attained the professional knowledge and skills needed to complete the steps to replicate this process in the future.
This internship not only offers an educational work experience but also provides an opportunity to live, socialize and have fun with other interns from around the country. The Rochester, Minnesota, area has much to offer — find out more about regional opportunities, activities and living in our area.
As part of the program, you have access to:
- An assigned email account
- Access to the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center
- Participation in Mayo Clinic-sponsored recreational programs
- Discounted tickets to local and regional special events
Transportation and parking
You will need to make your own arrangements for traveling to and from work.
- Driving or carpooling to a Park and Ride lot, from which you take a Rochester Public Transit bus to the Mayo Clinic campus
- Taking public bus transportation on Rochester Public Transit (Mayo Clinic pays for your bus pass)
Salary and benefits
Salary and benefit details can be found in this internship's job listing on the Internships and Summer Opportunities Web page.