During the Video Post-Production Internship, interns gain hands-on experience in many areas, including video post-production, DVD authoring, graphics and motion graphics creation. Opportunities to learn about other areas of video production, pre-production, webcasting, photography, animation, video conferencing and audio visual support also are available. The use of video, graphics, animation and other communication technologies support every aspect of Mayo Clinic's clinical practice, research and education.
The internship begins with a two-week orientation. The remainder of the internship will be spent following a structured curriculum with hands-on training. You'll work under the close supervision of a mentor as well as staff, as needed.
Examples of projects you'll work on and skills you'll develop during the internship include:
- Creating graphics, menus and animations in Motion, After Effects and Photoshop
- Creating or re-creating projects in Final Cut Pro
- Encoding finished projects to appropriate professional formats for delivery
- Learning professional standards to encode projects to DVD
- Authoring DVD projects in DVD Studio Pro and high definition projects in Blu-ray using Encore
Your work will adhere to professional industry standards and be completed in a tightly scheduled environment using the latest state-of-the-art tools. You'll also gain insights that will allow you to anticipate technical problems before they happen and quickly resolve them when they do. The internship will also provide you with valuable experience in managing multiple clients and projects, while working in tandem with others in a group environment.
At the end of the internship, you'll have a finished project in the format desired. You should also have attained the professional knowledge and skills needed to complete the steps to replicate this process in the future.
This internship not only offers an educational work experience, but also provides an opportunity to live, socialize and have fun with other interns from around the country. In addition, the Rochester area has much to offer. See Rochester, Minnesota for information about regional opportunities, activities and living in our area.
As part of the program, you'll have access to:
- An assigned email account for both job-related and personal use
- Access to the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center
- Participation in Mayo Clinic-sponsored recreational programs
- Discount tickets to local and regional special events
Transportation and parking
You'll need to make your own arrangements for traveling to and from work. Some options include:
- Park and Ride lots from which you can catch a bus to the Mayo Clinic campus
- Public transportation on Rochester Public Transit busses — Mayo Clinic pays for your bus pass
- Biking to work
- Walking to work
- Commuting to the Park and Ride with another intern
Salary and benefits
For salary and benefit details regarding this internship, see the Internships & Summer Opportunities jobs listings.