How to Apply
You are eligible for the Summer III Nursing Externship at Mayo Clinic if you:
- Are enrolled in an accredited four-year baccalaureate nursing program as recognized by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, formerly NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), or enrolled in our affiliated two-year associate nursing program from Rochester Community and Technical College (RCTC)
- Have completed two semesters or three quarters of clinical nursing experience prior to the start of the Summer III Nursing Externship
- Meet Mayo Clinic job-related health requirements
- Have a satisfactory academic record
- Are current in basic life support (BLS) for health care providers from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association or Military Training Network (must have completed any within the last 12 months and remain current throughout the 10 weeks of employment)
Applications will be accepted from Oct. 15 through Jan. 15. The application process is electronic — to locate the job posting, visit the Jobs at Mayo Clinic page and select "Internships and Summer Opportunities" in the "Job Types" drop-down box.
You will be expected to provide these materials at the time you submit your application:
- Resume. Resumes should highlight educational background, cumulative GPA, employment history and volunteer activities, such as involvement within the community and with committees, student nurse associations, and professional organizations.
- Answers to essay questions. You will find the required essay questions embedded within the Summer III Nursing Externship job posting. Answer these questions in a Microsoft Word document before applying, then attach the document to the online profile when you submit your application.
- Proof of current BLS. A scanned copy of a current BLS card or certificate should be uploaded and attached to the online profile when submitting the application.
Any applications submitted without all of these required documents will be considered incomplete.
For more information, please contact:
Heather C. Miller
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905