How to Apply
Eligibility and qualifications
To participate in the Student Nurse Extern Summer Program for summer 2016, you must:
- Be currently enrolled in a program at a school of nursing accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, formerly NLN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Be completing your junior year of a baccalaureate program in nursing and have completed two semesters of clinical nursing experience, or be completing your third semester (block 3) of an associate program in nursing and have completed three semesters of clinical nursing experience
- Be available for a full eight-week assignment that begins June 1 and ends July 27
- Meet Mayo Clinic job-related health requirements
- Have a satisfactory academic record
- Have current Basic Life Support certification
For the Student Nurse Extern Summer Program taking place in summer 2016, you will be able to apply online from Feb. 15 through Feb. 19, 2016.
Please visit the Jobs at Mayo Clinic website, select the "external applicants" or "current employees" link as appropriate, and search for the position titled "Student Nurse Extern Summer Program."
As you apply online, have these documents accessible since they must be attached for your application to be considered:
- Resume. Your resume must include your clinical rotation information.
- Transcripts. This must be a current, up-to-date copy of your transcripts. Obtain your transcripts prior to applying so that you can attach them to your online application.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.