The Finance Department employs interns for a period of three months during the summer. The fundamental purpose of the program is to provide the intern with practical experience through direct exposure to and active participation in a variety of finance activities.
The Finance Intern should expect to be assigned to specific projects, which will require data gathering and fact finding, data analysis and presentation of findings. This will involve primarily finance information involved in reporting financial performance, supply cost analysis or revenue analysis. Interns will be exposed to financial systems and report writing tools actively used by a large, multi-site healthcare provider. Assignments will be tailored to expose the student to areas in which they are specializing in their academic studies.
The internship program not only offers an educational work experience, but also provides an opportunity to live, socialize, and have fun with other intern students from around the country.
The Rochester area has a lot to offer! See Rochester Info for more activities in our area.
As part of the internship program, you will have access to:
- An assigned email account for both job-related and personal use
- Access to the Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center
- Participation in Mayo Clinic sponsored recreational programs
- Discount tickets to local and regional special events (available through the employee ticket offices)
2nd Street Common and Hotel
$600 per month
Refrigerator and microwave
20 2nd Avenue SW
$40/day for 60 days or more
1-800-533-1655 (toll free)(Student Housing)
Real Estate Directory
$450 and up per month
www.rochesterrealestatedirectory.com then click on rentals
You will need to make your own arrangements for traveling to and from work. Below are some options.
- Park and Ride lots where you can catch a bus to the Mayo Clinic campus.
- Public transportation on Rochester Public Transit — Mayo Clinic pays for your bus pass.
- Biking to work.
- Walking to work.
- Commute to the Park and Ride with another intern.