How to Apply
Mayo Clinic seeks diverse candidates from undergraduate and graduate programs across the country for the Exercise Specialist Internship. Qualified candidates should be self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative and enrolled in an undergraduate or master's program in one of these fields of study:
- Exercise science
- Health and wellness promotion
- Another related major
Students should have completed all course work except their internship or have one semester left following their internship. Experience with fitness testing and program development is preferred. Undergraduate applicants are given priority over graduate applicants.
Three internships are offered each semester. Applications received between these dates will be considered for one of the internships:
- Spring internship — apply between Aug. 1 and Oct. 1
- Summer internship — apply between Jan. 1 and March 1
- Fall internship — apply between April 1 and June 1
Please visit the Internships and Summer Opportunities Web page for available Exercise Specialist Internship positions. If this internship is not available, you may click "Email jobs to me." You'll be notified via email when future internship positions become available.
During the online application process, you'll be asked to attach:
- Your resume
- A cover letter, which should describe your career objectives, list pertinent experiences you've had, include the internship semester and year for which you're applying, and note the number of internship hours required by your school
- A letter of reference from a faculty adviser
- Transcripts from all colleges you've attended (photocopies are acceptable)
You are responsible for ensuring that all application materials are complete and received by Mayo Clinic on or before the deadline for each internship period. The selection committee will not review incomplete applications.
For more information, please contact:
Katherine (Katie) L. Loftus
200 First St. SW
Rochester, MN 55905