Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center (DAHLC) internships offer undergraduate students the opportunity to gain quality career experience though daily, on-the-job interaction with colleagues. As a DAHLC intern, you are a valued member of the Mayo Clinic team.
You'll begin your internship with an orientation designed to help you acclimate to Mayo Clinic, DAHLC and the community of Rochester, Minnesota. There are opportunities for both classroom work and hands-on training.
DAHLC internships offer an educational work experience and an opportunity to live and socialize with people from throughout the world.
Rochester and the surrounding region have much to offer. Read more about activities in the area.
All interns receive a free membership to DAHLC.
As part of the program, you have access to:
- An assigned email account
- Mayo Clinic-sponsored recreational programs
- Discounted tickets to local and regional special events
- Liability insurance while on duty
Interns need to make their own housing arrangements in the community.
Transportation and parking
You'll need to make your own arrangements for traveling to and from work. Options include:
- Driving or carpooling to a Park and Ride lot, from which you take a Rochester Public Transit bus to the Mayo Clinic campus
- Taking public bus transportation on Rochester Public Transit (Mayo Clinic pays for your bus pass)
DAHLC interns come from across the United States. Recent interns and current DAHLC employees have attended these academic institutions:
- Ball State University
- Bemidji State University
- Colorado State University
- Gustavus Adolphus College
- Kansas State University
- Luther College
- Minnesota State University (various campuses)
- North Dakota State University
- Northwestern University
- South Dakota State University
- Truman State University
- University of Minnesota (various campuses)
- University of Montana
- University of Northern Iowa
- University of Wisconsin (various campuses)
- Western Illinois University
- Winona State University
After graduating, interns are encouraged to apply for positions at Mayo Clinic.
Dec. 09, 2014