As a Construction Management intern, you'll be exposed to relevant experiences that include project management, contractor monitoring, estimating, bidding, inspection and scheduling. You'll gain experience in a full range of field tasks, from large-scale construction and renovation projects to relocation scheduling and maintenance.
Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minn., will serve as your operations base, with major projects also taking place there. Some tasks may be related to other facilities in the Rochester region and at Mayo Clinic Health System locations in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
Most shifts are regular business hours between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. However, some projects may require travel or work time outside these hours. Business attire is required.
As part of the Construction Management Internship, you'll have access to:
- Dan Abraham Healthy Living Center
- Mayo Clinic-sponsored recreational programs
- Discounted tickets to local and regional special events
- Liability insurance while on duty
Rochester has much to offer — read more about activities in the Rochester area.
You will need to make your own housing arrangements in the community.
Transportation and parking
You will need to make your own arrangements for traveling to and from work. Options include:
- Driving or carpooling to a Park and Ride lot, from which you take a Rochester Public Transit bus to the Mayo Clinic campus
- Taking public bus transportation on Rochester Public Transit (Mayo Clinic pays for your bus pass)