Frequently Asked Questions
What is my role as a Biomedical Statistics and Informatics summer intern at Mayo Clinic?
Undergraduate summer interns will have an opportunity to enhance their computer and statistical skills while working under the direction of a lead statistician on research projects conducted at Mayo Clinic.
Graduate and Ph.D. interns will work under the direction of a lead statistician or lead bioinformatician and have the opportunity to contribute to research methodology as well as statistical and genomic analysis and interpretation.
Staff members in the Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics collaborate with investigators from almost every medical specialty, with major commitments in such diverse areas as oncology, cardiology, neurology, endocrinology, orthopedics, gastroenterology, psychology and epidemiology.
What will I be expected to wear for the program?
Interns are expected to wear business casual attire.
When will I hear if I've been accepted into the summer program?
You will receive an email by May.
When does the summer program start?
The Biomedical Statistics and Informatics Internship begins in late May or early June, depending on candidate availability.
What is the difference between the summer internship and the long-term internship opportunity?
The division reserves two positions for interns interested in enhancing their knowledge and experience for an extended period of time, typically six to nine months. Applications for long-term opportunities are accepted throughout the year and are offered based on the division's needs and funding.
What schools have biomedical statistics and informatics employees and interns come from?
- Agnes Scott College
- Augsburg College
- Brigham Young University
- Carleton College
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Central Michigan University
- Clemson University
- College of Saint Benedict
- Colorado State University
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Emory University
- Florida State University
- George Washington University
- Grand Valley State University
- Grinnell College
- Instituto Nacional de Matemática Pura e Aplicada, Rio de Janeiro
- Iowa State University
- Kansas State University
- Kenyon College
- Luther College
- Macalester College
- Marquette University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Miami University
- Michigan Technological University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- North Carolina State University
- North Dakota State University
- Oberlin College
- Oregon State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Providence College
- Rice University
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Saint Mary's University
- Saint Vincent College
- San Diego State University
- São José do Rio Preto, São Paulo State, Brazil
- South Dakota State University
- St. Cloud State University
- St. John's College
- St. John's University
- St. Olaf College
- Stanford University
- Texas A&M University
- Tulane University
- Universidad de Puerto Rico
- Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- University of California, Davis
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Chicago
- University of Dakar, Senegal
- University of Florida
- University of Guelph
- University of Iowa
- University of Kansas
- University of Louisiana at Monroe
- University of Manitoba
- University of Maryland
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- University of Michigan
- University of Minnesota
- University of Minnesota, Duluth
- University of Minnesota, Morris
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- University of North Carolina
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of South Florida
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
- Utah State University
- Vanderbilt University
- Western Michigan University
- Winona State University
- Wright State University