Education and Career Growth
Mayo Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) offers a full calendar of educational opportunities for nurses, developed as part of Mayo's commitment to advance the knowledge and skills of health care professionals. See a listing of upcoming courses and register online.
Mayo Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Additional educational opportunities
- Nurse Residency Program — A one-year orientation program that assists new nursing school graduates in transitioning from a graduate to a fully competent, professional nurse at Mayo Clinic.
- Student Nurse Extern Summer Program — A summer program that offers nursing students an opportunity to gain valuable clinical experience in a high-acuity and diverse patient population.
- Nurse Residency Program — A yearlong evidence-based program that builds leaders at the bedside by assisting new graduate nurses as they transition from being students to being competent, skilled registered nurses. This program consists of a series of seminars, discussions, simulations and classroom instruction.
- Perioperative Nursing Program — A 24-week program that offers licensed registered nurses, new graduates or experienced nurses high-quality didactic and clinical experiences needed to become a well-rounded, fully competent perioperative registered nurse.
Sept. 21, 2017
- Nurse Residency Program — A one-year training program that provides an opportunity for newly licensed nurses to develop leadership skills and receive support during their transition from student nurse to competent professional nurse. The program is based on the standards for Nurse Residency Programs by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Summer III Nursing Externship — A 10-week employment experience that allows junior nursing students to work alongside a registered nurse clinical coach to provide patient care in a team environment.