Education and Career Growth
Mayo Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) offers a full calendar of educational opportunities for nurses, developed as part of Mayo's commitment to advance the knowledge and skills of health care professionals. See a listing of upcoming courses and register online.
Mayo Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Additional educational opportunities
- Nurse Residency Program — A one-year orientation program that assists new nursing school graduates in transitioning from a graduate to a fully competent, professional nurse at Mayo Clinic.
- Student Nurse Extern Summer Program — A summer program that offers nursing students an opportunity to gain valuable clinical experience in a high-acuity and diverse patient population.
- Nurse Residency Program — A yearlong evidence-based program that builds leaders at the bedside by assisting new graduate nurses as they transition from being students to being competent, skilled registered nurses. This program consists of a series of seminars, discussions, simulations and classroom instruction.
- Perioperative Nursing Program — A 24-week program that offers licensed registered nurses, new graduates or experienced nurses high-quality didactic and clinical experiences needed to become a well-rounded, fully competent perioperative registered nurse.
- Summer III Nursing Externship — A 10-week employment experience that allows junior nursing students to work alongside a registered nurse clinical coach to provide patient care in a team environment.