Can't remember the last time you felt well rested? Then check out these self-help tips for getting a good night's sleep.
High stress levels at work can steal the joy from life. Learn how to turn the tables on job stress, starting today.
Stress and headaches often go hand in hand. Take simple steps to manage your stress — and help keep your headaches at bay.
Waiting for happiness to find you? Stop waiting and start getting happy with these tips.
Discover why saying no may be the single most important strategy you can use for stress relief.
Having a hard time going to work? Enjoying it less every day? Don't let job burnout define your life.
Are you bored or unmotivated at work? Does work feel like drudgery? Here's help getting your mojo back.
Stressed out? Muscles ache? A massage might be what you need. But get the facts first.
Stressed out? Try meditation. Learn easy, quick techniques that you can use at work, waiting in line or virtually anywhere.
What can mindfulness exercises do for you? Get the facts.
Therapy animals can provide comfort during illness and help speed recovery.
Is your glass half-full or half-empty? Harness the power of optimism to turn negatives into positives.
Looking for a way to relax and stay fit during pregnancy? Consider prenatal yoga.
Stress may be a part of life, but these simple stress management strategies can help you stay in control.
Problem-solving is a potent tool for beating stress. Here's how to put it to work for you.
When life throws you a curveball, do you bounce back quickly? See what it means to be resilient — and how to harness your inner strength.
Stress is your body's response to the demands of the world. Identifying your personal triggers is the key to effectively managing your stress.
Cultivating your spirituality can help you establish your priorities, focus on what matters most to you and reduce your level of stress.
See how constant stress wreaks havoc on your body and mind, and what you can do about it.
When you identify unhealthy ways of reacting to stress, you can begin to control the stress, rather than letting it control you.
Is the key to stress relief as simple as bringing more laughter into your life? Discover the surprising benefits of honing your sense of humor.
Stress getting to you? Try these tips to find relief.
Aches and pains, irritability, and crying spells may have an unexpected source — stress. Recognize these and other signs and symptoms so that you can take action.
Relieve your stress by taking charge with these highly effective stress responses.
With gentle movements and focused breathing, tai chi helps reduce stress and anxiety. See if it's right for you.
Stress can make symptoms of Crohn's disease worse. Learn how to decrease your stress and reduce your risk of stress-related flare-ups.
Finding work-life balance in today's frenetically paced world is no simple task — but it's possible. Here's how.
April 08, 2014
- How stress affects your health. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/stress.aspx. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Coping with stress checklist. Mental Health America. http://www.nmha.org/conditions/coping-stress-checklist. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Stress tip sheet. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/stress-tips.aspx. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Stress and your health fact sheet. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/stress-your-health.html. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Complementary, alternative, or integrative health: What's in a name? National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Seaward BL. Essentials of Managing Stress. 3rd ed. Sudbury, Mass.: Jones & Bartlett Publishers; 2014:208.
- Clark MM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 20, 2014.
- Clark MM, et al. Stress level, health behaviors, and quality of life in employees joining a wellness center. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2011;26:21.
- Werneberg BL, et al. Effectiveness of a multidisciplinary worksite stress reduction programme for women. Stress and Health. 2011;27:356.