Can't remember the last time you felt well rested? Then check out these self-help tips for getting a good night's sleep.
Stress and headaches often go hand in hand. Take simple steps to manage your stress — and help keep your headaches at bay.
Having a hard time going to work? Enjoying it less every day? Don't let job burnout define your life.
Are you bored or unmotivated at work? Does work feel like drudgery? Here's help getting your mojo back.
Stressed out? Try meditation. Learn easy, quick techniques that you can use at work, waiting in line or virtually anywhere.
What can mindfulness exercises do for you? Get the facts.
Therapy animals can provide comfort during illness and help speed recovery.
Looking for a way to relax and stay fit during pregnancy? Consider prenatal yoga.
When life throws you a curveball, do you bounce back quickly? See what it means to be resilient — and how to harness your inner strength.
Stress can make symptoms of Crohn's disease worse. Learn how to decrease your stress and reduce your risk of stress-related flare-ups.
Finding work-life balance in today's frenetically paced world is no simple task — but it's possible. Here's how.
April 08, 2014
- How stress affects your health. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/stress.aspx. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Coping with stress checklist. Mental Health America. http://www.nmha.org/conditions/coping-stress-checklist. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Stress tip sheet. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/stress-tips.aspx. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Stress and your health fact sheet. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/stress-your-health.html. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Complementary, alternative, or integrative health: What's in a name? National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Seaward BL. Essentials of Managing Stress. 3rd ed. Sudbury, Mass.: Jones & Bartlett Publishers; 2014:208.
- Clark MM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 20, 2014.
- Clark MM, et al. Stress level, health behaviors, and quality of life in employees joining a wellness center. American Journal of Health Promotion. 2011;26:21.
- Werneberg BL, et al. Effectiveness of a multidisciplinary worksite stress reduction programme for women. Stress and Health. 2011;27:356.