Need more help?
If the stress in your life is more than you can cope with, get help right away.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Go to the nearest hospital or emergency room
- Call your physician, health provider or clergy
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
The seasons are winding down for professional basketball and hockey. The teams that are in the playoffs are very evenly matched in terms of talent. Yet at the end of the day, one team will be crowned the champion.
Most of us are not professional athletes. Most of us have marginal athletic skills. So what can we learn from these gladiators?
One of the biggest factors is avoiding injuries. Successful athletes work to stay healthy, so they can stay in the game. That advice works for the non-athlete as well.
In addition, top competitors have the following traits:
- Fanatical focus. To achieve greatness, personal distractions must be minimized.
- Discipline. Tenacity is required to stay the course and reach your full potential.
- Adaptability. To go the distance you must be able to go with the flow.
What else can we learn from these athletes?
Join the discussion at #Stress.
May. 30, 2012